LUFKIN/ANGELINA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Director of Membership
Reports to: Tara Watkins, President/CEO
Summary of Position: Membership Director assists the President in establishing action plans which support the program of work and are consistent with the adopted organizational goals. The Incumbent plans, coordinates and conducts a variety of Chamber programs and activities, works with volunteers to develop new programs, seminars, workshops and forums; develops public relations programs and works with the media to promote the Chamber's various activities;
This is a professional, salaried position that does not provide overtime pay requirements. It requires self-supervision, policy implementation leadership and work beyond the context of an eight-hour day without additional compensation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Membership Development & Retention
- Coordinates retention efforts, market and promote investor services and benefits, and assist the Chamber President & CEO in meeting the organization's short term and -longrange membership goals and objectives.
- Acts as the key person for membership retention and membership awareness.
- Conducts investor development programs as directed, TRC Campaign annually.
- Encourages investor participation in Chamber events and on Committees.
- Coordinate and enhance New Member Receptions (orientations)- works with Event and Engagement Coordinator for Rise and Grind.
- Coordinate better usage of Chamber use of its existing database software - ChamberMaster - and develop methodology to use ChamberMaster to its fullest extent. - Performs additional duties and prepares reports as may be required by the President
- Investor Retention – visits Investors on a routine basis
- Contacting first-year investors prior to their annual renewal date to determine the investor’s satisfaction with their membership and encourages them to renew.
- Makes one-on-one and face-to-face investor and retention calls on a regular basis. Incorporate board members and/or Diplomats on visits as often as possible or when necessary. Advises investors on new programs, events and services Chamber has to offer.
- Submits monthly board reports as to the investor retention rate and overall membership program of work.
- Provide staff support to manage the Investor Retention effort
- Prepare appropriate materials for retention calls
- Assist in developing new programs and services that specifically involve and benefit the membership
- Increase the volunteer base by cultivating new and current investors
- Enter key Membership information in the Chamber Master to record Investor status
Other Essential Functions:
- Represents the Chamber in the public and media
- Attend Ribbon Cuttings as Chamber representative
STAFF RESPONSIBILITY for the Following Specific Projects:
- Maintains records of the Corporation including minutes and agendas of the Board of Directors meetings.
- Prepares the agenda and minutes for each meeting
- Represent the Chamber at local government meetings as directed
- Secure advance agendas for these meetings and engage Chamber President and/or Board members or others as appropriate in planning or participation
- Coordinate ad placement and inclusion with selected Chamber printer as well as ad layout and Directory design
- Coordinate with Chamber staff all editorial copy and pictures to be included in Directory
- Works with members to collect advertisements once they’ve been sold
- Supervise the Diplomats program, volunteer membership contact/retention group; recruitment, training & organization; aid volunteer leadership in their responsibilities; plan/arrange incentives/special programs as needed (including Rise & Grind & New Investor Task Force). Responsible for all activities involving the Chamber of Commerce Diplomats including scheduling and attending ribbon cuttings, Diplomats meetings and social events, recruitment and maintenance of active Diplomat roster
First Friday Luncheons:
- Coordinate First Friday Luncheons, setup, signage, etc.
Texas State Forest Festival:
- Helps plan and coordinate the Texas State Forest Festival
- Responsible for recruiting a chairman and for the recruitment of a large group of volunteers to serve on a variety of committees; and to assist in the planning and -production of this annual event.
- Assist with the overall organization and implementation of the Texas State Forest Festival. Act as Volunteer Coordinator for the event. Develop an organizational handbook for all events/activities/duties for the Texas State Forest Festival
- Responsible for contracts for paid entertainment.
Leads #1 and Leads #2:
- Coordinates monthly meetings of both Leads groups, including coordinating all their activities and working to grow both attendance, participation and increase in active members
- Coordinates the annual Sponsorship Campaign - set dates, staff goal, updating contracts and sponsorships on TRC website.
Assist with Chamber events & programs:
- Assist with all major Chamber events & programs as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in related field
- Excellent public speaking, research and writing skills
- Ability to establish cooperative and effective relationships with investors and elected officials.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems, specifically in MS Office products.
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to communicate – verbal, non-verbal and listening skills with volunteers, investors, peers, and co-workers.
- Supervisory skills – ability to plan, organize, and delegate
- Some lifting and carrying
Send your resume to Tara Watkins at email@example.com