ANGELINA BEAUTIFUL/CLEAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the organization and all aspects of the agency’s operations. This primarily involves the coordination of programs that provides AB/C provides. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) resource development and maintenance; (2) specific program responsibilities; (3) community and public relations; (4) volunteer management; (5) liaison to the Board of Directors; (6) fiscal management; and (7) planning.
This position reports to the Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee.
Resource Development and Maintenance:
- Research and prepare grant proposals and other funding applications.
- Develop and maintain donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources.
- Work with Board and committees in any fundraising events or activities.
- Consistent researching and creating new funding sources.
- Reports directly to the board of directors
- Leads monthly Board meetings and prepares agenda, updates, and financials to Board
- Serves as your organization's primary contact for the community
- Serves as the program resource person
- Submitting reports as needed to required agencies (such as Keep Texas Beautiful, Keep America Beautiful, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, etc.)
- Attend trainings, workshops, or conferences to extend knowledge and be of representation of AB/C.
- Lead, organize, plan, and organize fundraising for bi-annual AB/C fundraisers: Clay Shoot and Casino Night
- Organizing/ working multiple events representing AB/C and it’s missions: including, but not limited to: Hazardous Household Waste, Shred Day, Tire and Electronic Waste Collection, Phone Book Recycling, Texas State Forest Festival Children’s Area, Clean Campus Checks, Adopt-a-Highway Cleanups (4 times yearly), Arbor Day, Earth Day, Drug Take Back Day, Neches River Rendezvous, America Recycles Day, Monthly Beautification Awards, et al.
Community and Public Relations:
- Coordinate public relations with the purpose of recruiting volunteers and increasing public awareness of the AB/C program and its goals and activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all appropriate groups, agencies, and organizations, and any and all other community service organizations that align with AB/C’s goal and activities.
- Oversee release of press packets and news releases and follow-up of any media coverage.
- Maintain social media and web presence.
- Be available for public speaking engagements.
- Coordinate Volunteers for Events, oversee and supervise all volunteer activities including recruitment, retention and training of volunteers.
Liaison to Board to Directors:
- Attend all monthly Board meetings.
- Oversee and implement all Board directives, policies and procedures.
- Keep Board apprised of and changes, operations, and/or problems.
- Monitor Board/Committee activities and attend Committee meetings.
- Report attendance and/or participation of Board members to the Board Chair
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations.
- Review and present for approval all monthly financial reports.
- Submit bills and expenditures for reimbursement and accounting.
- Assist in developing annual budget.
- Maintain donations and financial records.
- Evaluate programs and recommend modifications and/or improvements.
- Assist in developing and initiating strategic plans to establish organization goals (e.g. 1-year, 5- year, 10-year plans).
- Develop and assist in presenting annual plan after discussion from annual retreat.
- Is poised, persuasive, and articulate
- Understands the program and is committed to its mission
- Has leadership and organizational skills
- Has experience dealing with the public
- Is respected in the community, by city/county officials, and business leaders
- Is not controversial or political
- Ability to have daily transportation
- Organizational management ability
- Financial management abilities
- Supervision or committee responsibility experience
- Writing ability
- High energy level
- Verbal communication skills
- Competent Computer program skills
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fundraising and Event planning experience
- Have work experience, preferred experience in volunteer, public service, social work, or related area
- Ability to have a flexible schedule for evenings and weekends as needed
- *****Physical activities including bending, reaching, sitting and walking during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job.
Salary Range $33,000 - $36,000.
Depending on qualifications.