Technical & Vocational
A great place to start
Angelina College, a good choice for your college education:
- Excellent Educational Programs
- A Good Career Investment
- Low Cost
- Special Assistance
- Close to Home
What does Angelina College offer?
Ordinarily, a certificate program is a one-year course of 12 to 42 semester hours with courses pertaining to specific skills.
A degree program is a two-year course of study with specific skills as well as fine arts, liberal arts, math and science classes. Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are designed for students who plan to continue their education at a university and earn bachelor's degrees. Associate in Applied Science degrees are designed for students who plan to enter the workforce with this two-year degree. However, many of the AAS courses may be transferred to a university toward a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree.
Technology & Workforce Division
The workplace is changing and so are the skills that students must have to find a "smart job." Workforce 2000 (Hudson Institute) identifies a growing need for increased workplace skills for the United States to remain a global competitor in the marketplace.
The 21st Century is bringing new demands on existing and new employees entering the workforce. The Technology and Workforce Division programs reflect an effort to prepare students with skills and competencies that employers want.
Areas of Concentration:
- Automotive Technology
- Child & Family Development
- Criminal Justice
- Diesel Technology
- Drafting & Design Technology
- Electro-mechanical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Fluid Power Technology
- Human Services
- Legal Assistant (Paralegal)
- Machine Tool Technology
- Sign Language
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Welding Technology
- Workplace & Technical Skills Center
There are specific degree and course requirements for associate degrees. Contact the Technology & Workforce Division office at 936-633-5246 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the following programs:
- Automotive Technology Certificate
- Child and Family Development Certificate and Administrative Certificate
- Child and Family Development Tech Prep/Advanced Skills Certificate--Administrative
- Child and Family Development Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Criminal Justice Tech Prep/Advanced Skills Certificate--Supervision
- Criminal Justice Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Diesel Technology Level 1 Certificate
- Drafting and Design Technology Tech Prep/Advanced Skills Certificate-Graphic Information Systems
- Drafting and Design Technology Level 1 Certificate
- Drafting and Design Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Electrical Specialty Level 1 Certificate
- Electronics Technology Level 1 Certificate
- Electronics Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Electronics Technology Level 1 Certificate Networking Specialty
- Electronics Technology Associate of Applied Science Networking Specialty
- Environmental Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Fluid Power Specialty Level 1 Certificate
- Fluid Power Tech Prep/Advanced Skills Certificate--Supervision
- Fluid Power Specialty Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services Alcohol/Drug Abuse Counseling Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services Level 1 Certificate
- Human Services Level 1 Certificate--Activity Director Specialty
- Human Services Level 1 Certificate-Substance Abuse Specialty
- Human Services Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Legal Assistant (Paralegal) Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Machine Tool Technology Machine Operator Certificate
- Machine Tool Technology Associate of Applied Science
- Mechanical Specialty Level 1 Certificate
- Machine Tool Technology Level 1 Certificate-Computer Numerical Control Machine Operator
- Mechanical Specialty Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Water/Wastewater Management Level 1 Certificate
- Welding Tech Prep/Advanced Skills Certificate-Manufacturing
- Welding Level 1 Certificate-Basic
- Welding Level 1 Certificate--Intermediate
- Welding Associate of Applied Science Degree
More Degree & Certificate Information
- Associate Degrees: THEA Required
- Level 1 Certificates: THEA, Work Keys or Accuplacer
- Students enrolled in courses of the programs offered by the division must be assessed for basic workforce skills. THEA or Work Keys is required for all Level 1 Certificates. Exemptions from the Work Keys assessment are the same as for THEA. Students who do not meet the workforce basic skill levels are strongly advised to enroll in a workforce basic skill course(s).
Enrollment in a workforce basic skill course is not mandatory; however, a Work Keys score in reading of level 5 is considered minimum for success in each program.
The American College Testing process using the Work Keys System established workforce basic skills levels for the occupations. The Work Keys levels of mathematics vary among individual programs.
Consult with your adviser for the required level of mathematics in your degree plan. A Work Keys score of Level 5 (TASP 230) in reading and locating information is considered minimum level for success in each program.
Work Keys assessing must be taken prior to enrollment. Assessments are given in the Workforce Skills Lab in the Technology and Workforce Development Center in Room 139. Schedules for assessment will be posted in the college semester schedule.
Angelina College is accredited by the Texas Higher Education Board and the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.