Neches River Rendezvous
The health and safety of the community, employees and partners is our highest priority. After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing #COVID19 developments, we are canceling the 23rd Annual Neches River Rendezvous, originally slated for June 6, 2020. We are already looking at dates to host the Rendezvous in the spring of 2021. We will get back to you with more information on specific dates. Make sure to keep an eye on Facebook and LufkinTexas.org for future announcements.
Click here to download a brochure.
Reminders for the annual event:
- PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE TIME.
- IT IS GOING TO BE HOT HOT HOT! PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF WATER AND SUNSCREEN IN YOUR VESSEL.
- WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES! THE RIVER IS LOW, SO THERE WILL BE AREAS WHERE YOU WILL NEED TO DRAG YOUR CANOE ACROSS SANDBARS.
- JUNE 5 IS THE LAST DAY FOR PACKET PICKUP. PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP UNTIL 5:30 PM. THESE PACKETS CONTAIN SHIRTS, WRISTBANDS, AND DIRECTIONS TO BOGGY SLOUGH. UNCLAIMED PACKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT CHECK-IN.
- LOW RIVER LEVELS MEAN THIS EVENT WILL NOT BE A LEISURELY FLOAT. IT WILL BE STRENUOUS IN PLACES. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION AS YOU PARTICIPATE.
DIRECTIONS TO NORTH BOGGY
Below the directions to Boggy Slough. Once you are on 103 West, it is hard to miss. There are signs as you approach it. If you are coming from Lufkin, it is on your right.
From Lufkin – take 103 West (toward Crockett). Once merged with Hwy 7, go approximately 1 mile past the merge – North Boggy Slough will be on the left-hand side of the highway just past the river bridges.
From Crockett – take Hwy 7 East (toward Lufkin), North Boggy Slough is on the right approximately 10 miles from the store in Ratcliff.
About Neches River Rendezvous An annual summer tradition, the Neches River Rendezvous is a scenic 10-mile trip on the Neches River. This event is designed to promote outdoor wilderness adventure in East Texas by framing a day of paddling with the panoramic Neches River and surrounding forests in a fun, family-oriented experience. A delicious hamburger lunch is served at the conclusion of the paddling trip. Free Shuttle service is provided to and from the river.